Sunday, September 6, 2009

nothing lasts forever.

time flies when you are having a good time.yeah,hear,hear for that.my one week leave of absence is finally over.I'm getting back to work tonight after a week of not being around.whew.I'm back to my routine.

so let me assess that leave.

first five days were spent at the hospital.had the final check up before the operation,some lab tests were performed and the schedule was confirmed.for those who are aware of my day,you perfectly read it right,i have spent that at the hospital as well.gladly,not the whole day,just half of it.anyway,main reason why i filed that leave will be because of the operation,so be it.


certified hard headed.i was strictly advised to get rest the night before but i am completely bored.after dropping by at the hospital,mom and i headed to mega.haha!i wouldn't let that five day LOA (leave of absence) passed without me enjoying it.we strolled along and had a dinner right after.then the night is finally over.



in between the busy schedule I've got to read a book i have borrowed from my officemate.Sidney Shelton's.the books were great and i blissfully spent completely two days reading that.the moment i was done,i asked my brother to buy me Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom,same person who authored Five People You Meet in Heaven.Worth-reading-books,i must say.It took me nearly one day to finish reading that.Awesome,it almost made me cry.I've learned a lot from that book.It was really and extraordinary contribution to the literature of death.

Some of the aphorisms that Morrie stated there are:

1.) Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do.
-I just applied to a position I have been thinking months before.I was hoping and at some point expecting that I'll make it but also,I had a deal made with Him.I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to make it,but recalling the deal,i am just thinking that it was not really for me.I'll have my time,sure thing.Why fret?

2.) Why are we embarrassed by silence?What comfort do we get in all that noise?
- This left me thinking.Funny, but silence makes us usually feel awkward,right?Amazingly,the only time that it doesn't feel such will be the time that you are with someone whom you feel perfect comfort with.No words needed,the presence of that person is more than enough.You'll get to know when you are in that situation.

3.) Don't cling to things because everything is impermanent.
- Everyone gets scared of changes.But life is not as stable as we expected it to be.Loved ones come and go.It's not quite as long as we have expected or hoped for.Life constantly undergoes changes.It's inevitable.

4.) Detach from emotion.
- A lot of us are emotional.I am.It isn't bad.All we have to do is know what's happening,accept it and let go.We might not let go that soon but it will be helpful not to hang on too long.That's futile and not healthy,we all know that.

5.) Love each other or perish.
-
Did we all get the meaning of that?Love is the most wonderful thing that was given to us.Love is everything.It is the only rational thing on earth.We do everything with love as the main reason.Once love is gone,everything follows.

*I have spent my leave as meaningful as i could do it and it turned out as i expected it to be.A lot of unwanted events had happened in between those days but i made sure that I have done things that had compensated those more than what i have anticipated.it just ended just like any other beginnings in our life.truly,nothing gets to last forever,nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment